Friday, April 9, 2021

MUST-WATCH MOVIES

 MUST-WATCH MOVIES 




This week I've been feeling down, stressed, and bored. A way to make me feel better is definitely, watching movies. This week I watched three movies! Today I want to share with you these movies because I enjoyed them a lot! 


FORGOTTEN 




Jin-Seok (Kang Ha-Neul) moves into a new home with his older brother Yoo-Seok (Kim Moo-Yul), mother (Na Young-Hee), and father (Moon Sung-Geun). Jin-Seok suffers from hypersensitivity, but with medication, he can live normally. One rainy evening, Jin-Seok sees his older brother being thrown into a van by a group of men. After 19 days of silence, Yoo-Seok returns home, but he doesn't remember anything from his disappearance. Jin-Seok notices enough changes in his older brother's personality and behavior that he begins to suspect that the person who has returned is not Yoo-Seok. Meanwhile, Jin-Seok keeps hearing sounds from a locked room, temporarily storing the previous home owner's belongings. 

This movie stressed me out, but in a good way. The suspense gave me chills! I loved the actors and the way they portrayed their characters. The reason you have to watch the movie? The ending is unbelievable! 


THE CALL 



Two people live at different times. Seo-Yeon lives in the present, and Young-Sook lives in the past. One phone call connects the two, and their lives are changed irrevocably.

This movie is complicated. First, it is not a movie for everyone, and I didn't like the ending. It was confusing for me. BUT! I am satisfied with the way the director developed the movie. 


THE WITNESS







An ordinary man witnesses a cruel murder and becomes entangled in circumstances out of his control.


This movie is just a piece of art. Starting with the main character, who portrayed perfectly the way someone in that situation would feel and make me feel all of his emotions. The scenes of the murderer chasing down his victims and the spine-tingling quotes were just a few of the many suspenseful and thrilling scenes of the motion picture. The criminal was very obvious but did make me scream sometimes. The ending is also incredible and heart-touching. A must-watch movie. 



Manuela Orozco Echavarría, Step 10