Friday, May 22, 2020

Poem For An Unforgettable Memory


Can you feel it? we’re connected,
By a string around our hearts.
All my feelings are projected  

into this bond that we have created.

Can you feel it? It is my heart beating.
It beats for you while I wait for you to come home,
I close my eyes to see your face,
wishing this dream were true.

I hold your memory close to my soul, 
begging the stars for you to return. 
But destiny fails to answer, 
Leaving this broken pieces behind you.

Everything comes as it pleases 
and leaves without a goodbye,
but saying I miss you
won’t fill up my empty heart tonight.

Meet me in that memory that
was once beautiful.
Even if you vanished, 
nothing will be forgotten.

I want to fill the pages
of this story that isn’t over yet,
This is not a point, it is
a comma in our history.

By Camila Orozco and
Ma. Camila Pinzón,
Step 10