Friday, September 27, 2019

Poem for a painful spirit

Agony


Constant pain in a small crowd,
Many are called but never take a decision,
Always talking, paying agood lip service,
To put aside their mental illness.

He's sick in the excuse,
but does he really need a hand?
Oh! Is he still alive?
Or did he peacefully leave our side?

Old news over town,
He's really not that bad,
Faltering, chocked, weaked voice,
You can easily tell...All right.

At the beginning was just a memory
That slowly leed into a thought,
building up pressure that resulted in a really bad situation.

For a moment... it came to my mind,
what an excruciating pain!
I couldn't handle by myself.

They could never accept the truth,
and made me believe a lie,
they said I was an egghead,
or at least like that they
joked with my life.

Sadness, hurt,, unloved, blood, death,
Was it easy to bear with it?
Or just finish it right away?


By Isabela Duarte, Step 10