Monday, March 4, 2024

My Story In Short

 Hello!  I'm a young man, I'm 15 years old, a student and an athlete. Since I was three, I've been practicing baseball and other sports, and I live in Barranquilla, a city with a strong baseball tradition. Gradually, I've seen my baseball skills improve significantly, to the point of competing at a high level. This allows me to dream of achieving great things in this sport.

 

However, there is a limit that says if you haven't secured a contract with a Major League organization by the age of 16, it becomes very difficult. I'm 15, currently at my prime age for this, and I continue to work hard and push myself every day. It's not easy to balance school commitments and the daily practice required to be among the best.

 

Many of my peers have made decisions such as studying virtually to have more time to practice, and some have even dropped out of school to focus solely on sports. I don't agree with this approach because I believe it's important to be prepared for all aspects of life. There are many others like me, all with dreams to fulfill, but only those who truly believe and work tirelessly will achieve them. If you look at each of them, each one deserves a chance.

 

Something incredible happened in Barranquilla a few days ago, not somewhere else, but right here. A 21 year old, Barranquilla-born young man managed to secure a signing with a Major League organization. It's unbelievable. No one would believe it unless they truly believed and never gave up.

By Abdel Yarala, Step 9