Tuesday, September 12, 2023

My Horrific Story

 



Pam woke up on a Monday morning with the worst headache ever, she stayed up late watching TV and a movie that had just come out, it aroused her curiosity due to the weird aspect it had, and how familiar it looked. While she was getting ready for school, she couldn't stop thinking about “Black eyes” , the movie she saw. She brushed her red hair and put on her favorite pearl earrings, her sister gave her those when she was just five years old.

As she headed to the car, she couldn't help but notice her house was a mess, it was strange given the fact she was a very organized girl, she kept her home cleaner than the word clean, “I could have sworn I cleaned yesterday after dinner, ugh whatever I can clean when I'm back from school” she said.

That car ride to school felt odd; however, when she was about to enter homeroom, she remembered the physics homework that was due for later that day, she ran to the bathroom where she sat on the floor and did her homework, where she found her friend Angela racing to the bathroom like a formula one driver “So bad, I'm late again, oh hey Pamela” Angela said “Hey, did you do the physics homework?” Pam asked “Since when do we have a physics class?” Angela said before applying her lipstick “Um after lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays” Pam answered with confusion “Wait what? I just thought we left early those days, now it makes sense why I saw no one at the exit door last week” Angela said without a care in the world “Oh my god Angela, lets just go to homeroom before they take attendance”.


Later at lunch Pam talked to her friends about “Black eyes” but weirdly nobody had seen it. Of course she did not find that weird at all, it was really late and she assumed they just fell asleep earlier than her. Angela started talking about the project they got assigned for history class and Pam was asking where they would do it “Guys, come to my place after school, we can do the project there” Michael said, Pam thought about her messy house and how she was supposed to clean it if she was going to be at Michael’s house, “I will go to my house first and meet you at Michael’s at five o'clock” Pam said.


After school, Pam walked by herself to her house and after a deep cleaning session she managed to finish at thirty minutes past five o’clock. She wore a white hoodie with jeans and her iconic pink Nike Air Force 1. 


Michael was her childhood best friend who she liked for several years, but later she got over that crush as she started to notice he didn't like her as much as she liked him, she says she got over him but sometimes late at night she thinks about his black hair and pale skin and in her head she imagines how she is perfect for him and no one else gets him like she does, that is what she was thinking in a five minute walk to his house.


She knocked and Angela opened the door “Oh my god, finally, Michael is getting on my nerves, at least now he can’t bother just me now that you are here” Angela said and Pam laughed “Hey Michael, so how are we doing with the project?” Pam asked “Oh hey Pam, yeah we are good but we definitely need your help, between us, Angela is the laziest person I have ever met” Michael said in a low voice so Angela could not hear what they were saying “HEY, what did you say? Yeah whatever, keep talking nerd” Angela said with an angry voice “Pam, I'm so bored, could you please tell us about that “Green eye” movie you saw? I tried googling it but I could not find anything” Angela said “It is “Black eyes” and yeah, you guys will love it, so sit down and listen carefully” Pam said with a big smile on her face.


October, we didn't realize that would be our last month in peace. Raniux, Ohio, a small town not really known for anything, it was just there, at Raniux High School we could see different types of people however Ryan, Creed and Kelly showed the truth of this small town , Ryan was a tall guy, funny, smart and outgoing, Creed was always considered a creep because of his actions, he really didn’t talk much despite that when he did they believed he was a genius and took him seriously, Kelly was a shy girl, known for her curious yet fun sense of style.

 

Ryan used to always check the time since he was anxious about everything and asking for the time was one of his ways of showing his anxiety, he had started to see angel numbers every time he asked for the time “Hey what time is it?” “11:11” “Cool, thanks”.


Then he started seeing them even more frequently, he assumed it was just a coincidence until one day he told Creed and Kelly about it, “Wait what?” Creed asked “Yeah, angel numbers, you know, 11:11, 1:11 or 3:33” Ryan answered “Follow me” Creed said with a worried expression on his face “Creed, what are you doing, we have art class after break, I can’t miss that” Kelly said “Please guys, this is important” Creed said and kept looking into their eyes, after taking some time to think about it they decided to follow Creed and what he had to show them, “This better be fast” Kelly said with a hint of anger in her voice.


Creed took them to a part of the woods that was behind the mall, near his house, they entered his house from the back door so his brother didn’t notice they were there, they went inside the attic and Creed quickly shut the door. He asked for Ryan’s help to open the closet and found a book older than their ages combined, nobody ever really saw what that book was about, all I really remember was seeing a pair of black eyes and their bodies drowned in their own blood in a matter of seconds, I don’t think I introduced myself, I’m Dwight, and I don’t know why, I wasn’t killed that cold October night, I punish myself every day for their deads, I could have done something, still I was too much of a coward to even fully process what had happened. Don’t be like me, don’t let anyone trick you.


“Damn” Angela said “Damn, I got the chills, still it is so weird we can not find it anywhere, it seems it does not even exist” Michael said “Really? I thought you would have found it by now” Pam said “Wait what time is it? I think is time to go home” Pam asked “We didn’t even start the project” Michael said “Well, that is too bad” Angela said almost laughing “It is 11:11 PM, oh, my God!, like the movie” Michael answered “Don’t even say that Michael, it is not funny, anyways where is Pam? I asked her to take me home, Pam?” Angela said “...” Pam didn’t answer because she was too far away, they got closer to the door and the last thing they saw was a pair of black eyes.


The end.

By Carla Rengifo, Step 9