Thursday, December 2, 2021

Teenage Days

 



Pretty dark days, lead to calm nights

The louder voices go, the further I wanna go

Where is the button to mute?

My soul and my negativity dispute over me.


Turn the music on.

Silence the outer crowd!

Appeared in a new town

Seems that I’m part of this song.

The melody spoke slowly

Taking my sadness to a night out.

As the volume went down,

The sweetness of the song and the bitterness of myself fought for control.

He’s a light burning low, just like me

I give this weaker light all my strength.

This light has been my happiness and strength

but also the wind that turned my light off.

With a last effort, I departed through some paths

and say bye to the light that kept me alive.

I hold my memories tight.

I’ll see you again, I told him… this was our goodbye.


By Justine Sierra, Step 9 Blue.