Thursday, December 2, 2021

And Stabbed This Heart.


 

There are no witches nor dragons in our fairytale.

Just humans facing themselves in a mirror.

Looking for the key that unlocked what they need and want.


A towel, as big as a mountain, 

Was waiting and laughing at me.

I surrendered to the call of my knife 


When I stopped hearing his voice I could hear mine 

like it was the first time, and then I reached the top.

I'm done with what they want me to be or to use.

My glasses slipper, they shined like gold. I broke them

because they hurt me and they wouldn't let my walk 

or continue on my way.

Finding love is like trying to catch lighting. 

She did it and locked it in a bottle 

that she later used to poison me and drain me 

until I didn't have a single part of the body that felt alive.


By Natalia Sanabria, Step 9 Blue.