Thursday, June 10, 2021

Poetry for One Another Better Understanding

 Society



Oh, to know what I'm supposed to do...

What everyone expects me to be

I'm not some kind of machine

Just let me be, I'll be good on my own

But maybe all alone


Take my soul and become me  .

You'll see how it isn't easy

All the things are buried inside me 

That no one will ever see

Because God forgives me for ever be weak


I'll survive, I'm sure

But you won't like it

They'll tell me to stop, they only whine

But it's my life isn't it?

Isn't it my time to shine?


Am I brave enough?

Am I worthy enough?

Will I break from my shell?

Will I sing like a nightingale?  


Only time will tell

But I assure you

When I rise up 

You won't make me fall down that well


Consonance

Metaphor

Simile

Apostrophe

Repetition

Imagery (Take my soul and become me)

Euphemism


By Dasha Nino, Step 10