Friday, January 15, 2021

The Frog and the Scorpion: A Fable for Everyone.

 THE FROG AND THE SCORPION

Once upon a time there was a frog, his name was Pablo and he enjoyed singing at the lake where he lived.  Then, he stumbled upon a scorpion named Mike. Mike needed to go through the lake to get to the other side, but he didn’t know how to swim, so he tried asking Pablo.





“Hey Mr. frog, would you agree to do me a favor?” Said Mike, in hope maybe he didn’t get rejected. So, Pablo answered “I don’t know Mr. Scorpion, once I heard about a frog who let a scorpion ride on her back and he stung her!” Said the frog with fear on his face.

“You should know Mr. Frog, not all of us are the same, I swear I will not sting you since I will die from it, as well it is not even convenient for me” Begged Mike. 

Pablo answered...“Maybe you’re right, okay let’s go”. And with that, Mike climbed onto Pablo’s back, so he could get him to the other side, keeping his promise to not sting him.



“Wow, you kept your promise scorpion! Thanks a lot” cheerfully said Pablo the frog. “Of course frog, thanks for trusting me, have a good day!”, responded Mike. “You too!”.

We learn from this that we should not judge everyone by what we have heard of them, by their looks or by their origins since everyone is an autonomic being with the liberty to be who they wanna be. Chances are they are good people. So if someone who you have known but have been judging from what you’ve been told, maybe give them a chance!

THE END.

Juliana Restrepo, Step 10.