Friday, June 5, 2020

A Poem For Those Who Used To Suffer

Ephemeral Pain

I've felt you for a while,

Handmade Oil Painting On Canvas Abstract Painting Abstract Canvas ...I didn't ask for you and here you are,         
Destroying the inside,
Tearing side by side,
Leaving me no choice, but to cry.

I always go with a big smile,
Spreading happiness for those in need,
I guess it's my way of coping,
In disbelief.

I can feel you like needles stabbing my heart,
I can hear you like the storm forming outside,
I can see you like waterfalls running down my eyes.

I wish I could touch you,
Grasp hard and cut you off,
Kill you,
Like you did with myself,
But I guess you aren't worth,
Not even the wait.

For a while I thought you were useless,
And I was doomed,
For a while I felt sorry for myself,
For a while I wanted to trade lives with my friends,
But no.

You made me who I am,
Chills running down my spine,
Heart coming outside,
Joy to my ears from a rear sound.

I felt you against my will,
I got the privilege,
I got to wonder and now I've found,
My never ending breeze.

By: Isabella Duarte 
and Natalia Rojas
Step 10