Friday, January 24, 2020

A TRAGICOMEDY.


A Rabbits' Case

There was once a rabbit that was chewing into some corn, where everything was green and those plants were blooming due to the fact that it was spring. Then, suddenly, another bunny arrives. “Don’t eat it”, the mysterious bunny says alarmed. “Why not?” the white rabbit that was about to munch in the delicious looking corn. “It will make you say corny jokes” he said with a hint of humor to then burst into laughter. 

The white rabbit looks at him in disbelief, but fast decides to return to his previous duties, opening once again his mouth wide to fit a bit of the corn. “I’m serious!” the brown bunny said, this time without any humour in his big doe-eyes. 

“Are you gonna say another joke? Because I swear to the carrots' god I will…” Once he started talking, he is rapidly interrupted once again. “This time I am dead serious, seriously, look me in the eye, you can’t tell me that I am not talking seriously” 

He had got a point, he really looked distressed about the white rabbit eating the corn. “Why are you so worried? it is just corn, we eat it all the time and nothing bad happens to us, you dumb bunny” The white rabbit says with airs of greatness. “Yet” The brown bunny corrects, “haven’t  you heard? The human have been plaging the soil with pesticides and plastic wraps that they call garbage, they aren’t very tasty but not only that. They can also get stuck into your throat and kill you right away!” 

He is astonished, could that be true? Should he believe him or was he just blatantly lying just to get more food without making much effort in it. “I am not trying to take your food I swear” The brown furred animal spoke up, as if he was reading its mind. “ Are you a sychic or something?” the rabbit asked humorously. “Hahaha, I wish I was but I am most certainly not.” 

“Anyway, why can I not eat this? does this contamination have any name?” It asked curiously. “It is called pollution.2 He is quickly answered by the bunny by his side. “Oh, that sounds really bad! Humans should start thinking about us a bit more” “I am in total agreement with you! I haven’t been able to eat decent food in days-” “BUNNY!” The rabbit screams, he had been shot down by a reckless human. 

He starts insulting him, throwing at him the most cruel words he could manage. “Hey, it looks cute!, it is a shame we have to kill them if we want to eat properly tonight.” The reckless human said, as he just heard squeeks. “You’ll pay for this! I am going to eat your toes while you sleep! dirty human!

By Abel Naranjo, Step 9