Thursday, December 12, 2019

Literature Project: Poem and Song

Poem


Reading is my life, 
reading is my style, 
reading is what I do better, 
and my intelligence gets greater 

Stories in your eyes 
of the past that you can emphasize 
legends are my hope 
of what the gods had done 

My lies are myths 
that help to protect my kids 
like the fable of the wolf and the pigs 
with a big blow and a strong breeze 

Like the Earth and its history 
telling its own biography 
like the cowboys on their horses
living in their centuries 

Like the frog becomes a king 
you can become whatever you think 
like reading books becomes a pleasure 
the Reading Squad invites you to join in with literature 


Song
Melody: Campana Sobre Campana 

If you want to be happier 
start just reading books 
telling little stories 
that tell you all of the truth

*chorus* 
hey you!, you need to read the books 
they can make you happy 
and intelligent too 

page by page 
word by word 
the plot starts developing 
all the secrets 
became clear 
and the book starts to end 

*chorus*
hey you! continue reading books
they might be funny
and interesting too 




By David Estrada and
Andrea Parra, Step 8 Yellow