Friday, November 22, 2019

POETRY



ASHES


I was not unaware of the cost
For him, I gave it all
At first, he was the reason for my happiness,  though
But that does not change the fact that I lost
And that my heart became just dust

From the beginning I knew it was a mistake
It was a hated love that we created
And in the end all I got was a heartbreak
I should have known , but can you blame me?
I was drunk in his degenerated love
Like to a growth of weed, I was addicted to  him
I didn't even care about what people would say
But nowadays I'm just afraid
Afraid of missing him like a phantom limb,
Itching right under my skin

My heart, body and soul were submerged in a lake 
A lake of happiness contaminated with pain
A lake that he created
I have to admit, at the begging, I was amazed
But then, slowly, he drowned me to it
Leaving me without escape

They said hate is the opposite of love,
By experience I know the real,  though
It is something much more worse
A feeling you cannot even bring a word
To describe it, it's like hate multiplied by eight
And the miracle close to it is hatred.

By Susana Rengifo, Step 10