Friday, September 6, 2019

Another Poem

Drowning In Sadness


I'm sad although I look happy

Because he broke my heart,
And left all my pieces apart,
My lover left without saying goodbye.


The world is falling on me,

And I'm running out of time,
All I want is to go back home
And hug my mom.


I wish to forget, to drink you away,

Drowning in a bottle of gin,
With all these rocks, I can't swim
Please, come and save me.


In the process of forgetting, all I can do is  remember.

And I realized that I drink
 because I am lonely,
And I'm lonely because I drink.

Right now I wonder,
If life and death ain't both the same,
Because they keep driving me insane.

Now, I don't care,
'Cause I'm hooking up with your best friend,

Even, when I do it, I think of you,
But I can't deny it, he makes me feel good.


By Lady Madiedo and Andrés Ibarra, Step 11