Thursday, April 4, 2019

When Are You Gonna Change?

When Are You Gonna Change?

When I was a little girl, I wanted to have a world pure,  full of nature and animals, but I saw that people like my father were contaminating the planet, they trashed the garbage on the grass or just captured animals, which was so sad for me, because I always said to them that what they were doing was bad, but they never paid attention to me. 

One day I started to think about a project, so I got a big idea, but first I needed that my fathers to help me, to accomplish my goal, so I started the project in my house, but was so hard that many times I wanted to give up on the project, because my mom didn’t stop trashing the things of the nature, and my father loved hunting tigers, but I wanted so badly to progress with this project that I never stopped believing, so I started to investigate about hunting and I thought, if I were the protector of animals, was it dangerous? but in this way, I’m going to stop my father, it was a perfect idea. 

My father always went hunting at 5 am, so I woke up early that day, and I was waiting for him in the woods, actually, I was going to fight with my father.  I was so scared, I just wanted to run away and give up again, but something in my heart told me that I would accomplish this, so I waited like for 20 minutes. My father looked at me and asked what I was doing there? and told me to go to the house, because the tigers were dangerous they might kill me. I said I was sorry, but I was not living the woods, and he asked me why to which I replied because I wanted him to stop hunting the animals.

One day all the tigers will disappear and I don’t want that, he told me that was okay, "I will stop doing this, is not good, and also my life is in danger, one day maybe a tiger can hurt me, is for the best, let’s go home". 

That day I was so happy, I couldn’t believe that I did it, I actually confronted my dad, and he didn’t get angry with me, but my goal is like 50%, my mother was the other 50%, she was very difficult with me, but never say never, I only needed hope. 

The next day I went to the supermarket with my mom, she loves shopping, but that day I was in another world, she noticed that and asked me what happened to me, so I answered:  "mom, I just want that you stop contaminating the environment, you are doing bad things, and I want a change" She looks at me like whatever,  so I said to myself she is never going to stop doing that, maybe is better to give up, I really hate the difficulties, so I give up on her. 

When I arrived home, she told me: "Sarah, come here, are
you giving up this project? I said: yes, mom, you are never going to change your attitude"  I looked at her eyes and she was very sad, she told me not to give up.  "if you want something you have to fight for them, the last thing you lose is hope. I will change my attitude, I’m going to stop trashing things everywhere". 

I was happy, very happy because I finished my project, my dad and mom were changing their attitude, so when are you gonna change yours?

By Valentina Martelo, Step 11.