Thursday, March 28, 2019

The Place Of No Return


The Place Of No Return


Nobody believed what was happening, from one moment to another, the town of England called Golden Hill was on fire and there was no way to set the flames off. When the firemen extinguished the fire, not a single corpse or traces were found, no survivors were found, not a single one, no one understood how it was possible. 

Searches were conducted, but nothing with positive results. All these events occurred in the
year 1987, and today no one knows what exactly happened. The town was material for urban legends and stories for years, but over time all that was forgotten, until the very existence of the town was taken as an urban legend. 

We are currently in the year 2019 and I, Jason, since I was a child I have asked myself, what really happened in that town, what is the truth of that mysterious town? Since I was little I've always had an interest in that kind of thing, and this was not going to be the exception. This expedition had been planned for several months with 3 childhood friends.

Already on the day of the expedition, I went to pick up my friends to go to Golden Hill, but the indications I had did not help me to reach the small town, we got lost, so I had to go asking nearby residents, but none gave us any useful information, until I got to an elderly man, who gave me more clear instructions. 

When I finished writing the instructions, I turned to thank him, but he was gone. I tried not to pay much attention and continued my way to town. I knew we were close by the heavy environment we were in, everything was covered in fog and there was no one in the way. There was so much fog that I did not notice a sign and crashed. 

I do not remember anything after that, I only know that when I woke up, my friends had
disappeared. I was alone, in that mysterious town, so I tried to startt the car, but it couldn't, so I tried to call someone, but my phone did not work. The only option I had was to enter the mysterious town of Golden Hill. When I arrived at the entrance of the village, I saw that ashes began to fall from the sky. 

Inside the town, you could see different houses and places, but there was something strange, everything was in perfect condition, as if that town had been abandoned without further ado. The only thing is that you could see that the structures were quite old, but it really looked like a ghost town. I was walking a good time, wishing I had the good fortune to find my friends, but I could not find anyone. 

Suddenly, I heard loud chimes, and all the people started to shake, the walls started to crack, then, those things started to come out. I will never forget what happened at that moment. A totally deformed monster, without arms, without mouth and without eyes began to emerge from the walls. I was so scared by that monster that I just started running, I just started running without stopping to the place where the bells came from. It turned out to be a church. I started hitting the huge door with all my strength. 

More monsters were coming out of the village walls, and the church door would not open. How do I get to all this? I just kept running, I did it until I was sure that those things were not following me anymore. The chimes stopped. I followed my steps and I arrived at the church. The doors were opened, so I decided to go in search of shelter. Upon entering, the doors were closed. I quickly turned around, and then I did not know what to think. I was shocked. There were people in that church, about 80 people, in the supposed ghost town, where survivors had not been found to the strange events of 32 years ago. I was confused, so the first thing I did was ask these people what had really happened

-That day something happened that we can not believe. Simply, the town was covered with a very thick fog, and a being with a height over 2 meters, without skin, a head covered with a giant mask began to burn the inhabitants of the village, one after one, also accompanied for a girl with a pale skin. She was mounted upon the shoulder of that strange being of more than 2 meters. (the inhabitants retold it me that she was a supposed witch who had been burned years ago). Those of us here had to hide in this church, because for some strange reason, the monster does not approach the church. Then every day the leading monster (so they call the creature more than 2 meters tall) goes out and starts to get more rare creatures, looking for more humans to calcine -

That's what they told me. I was shocked because of everything they were telling...It was so ... so surreal that I could not believe it. He did not understand how they did not find the people of the church when they searched for survivors. I had to find a way to escape from that town. I did not want to be trapped there any longer. I asked the inhabitants if there was any way to escape from that town. They told me to simply go to the entrance of Golden Hill through underground tunnels. 

They gave me a map with directions to the site. I asked them why they had not escaped, to which they replied that "they were trapped here." I did not know what they were referring to, but I wanted to leave there as soon as possible, so I thanked the survivors and went into the tunnels. I left the tunnels and managed to leave that town, but I had no way to return, so I just walked, but although I walked and walked the fog did not go away. I arrived at a station and there was nobody. I did not find a single car on the way back, there was no one, so I understood what the inhabitants of Golden Hill had told me, "We are trapped here." I was stuck in Golden Hill...tha place of no return.

By: Abel Naranjo, Step 8