Saturday, March 2, 2019

The Moon

 The Moon


When it is half past five, I always go outside,
There's someone waiting for every single time,
There I'm face to face again with an illusion that fills my eyes
You never failed to make me smile,
No matter what happens in the inside.


Without you everything seems as a shadow,
But it looks I'm the only one that notices that
You lighten the whole world with your glow,
And maybe that's why I enjoy looking at you every night

You give me an instant ray of inspiration,
As if reasoning and limits are just traps
My reality doesn't seem to put boundaries to my imagination
Wishing myself to keep that in my mind.


I understand you can be shy,
Sometimes you just show a part of you 
But your true self has been present more
than once to my eyes.

One day I would like to fly.
I would really like to visit space,
I would like to get closer. it's really not enough
to see you there, so high in the sky.


And even when you're sorrounded 
by millions of stars,
Even if there are new galaxies,
comets, planets, and satellites,
You will be the one I would look up to in the wide,
You will be the one, the brightest to shine.

By Valeria Villera, Step 9