Thursday, March 28, 2019

The Day of the Dead.


The Day of the Dead.
 Horror Story

There I was, on a trip in Mexico, happy since that was my dream, until the worst happened...
November 1st and everyone was anxious because tomorrow was the famous day of the dead, I never believed in those things of ghosts, they seemed absurd to me since they were stories retold for children. 

Of course, I could not say that in Mexico because it is a tradition to celebrate, so on November 2nd and there I was with my face painted white and a couple of candles in hand.

That night was cold, so cold that I could compare it with an
ice, although everyone was in front of a grave crying, laughing or singing, I just sat on a curb to see what they did. I stayed there for several hours, until someone brushed me from behind, but when I looked there was nobody, so I just thought it must have been the wind or a child running, because what else could it be?

After several minutes they rubbed me again, I turned immediately and there was a gentleman, he had a strange face, his eyes were like fallen and he walked strangely, but I decided not to pay attention. 

When I left the cemetery, I went to the hotel where I was staying because I was very tired, so tired that I hardly went to bed and I stayed tucked in blankets.

In the morning of November 3rd, I went for a walk because the next day I was leaving Mexico. I met many fantastic places, I took pictures and I ate a lot, but it was time to go back to the hotel. When I arrived at the hotel I found it in a bad state, it was like abandoned; I found it strange since 2 hours before it was fine, I could not understand what was going on, so I thought that I had made a mistake, but when I asked they said that this was the hotel; however, it had been abandoned for 10 years. 

I decided to enter because I needed to recover my things, but when I entered I found the man who had grazed me in the cemetery, the only problem was that he was dead, so I ran out and I went to the police station where I explained everything that had happened, that I was staying there and that the hotel was suddenly abandoned. 

They confirmed that the hotel had been abandoned and that a man had died in the worst way, so when he told me that, I could not believe it, the policemen made me look like a madwoman and that everything had been made up by me, but I was sure of what had occurred to me.

By Ana Sofía Durán, Step 8