Thursday, March 28, 2019

My Horror Story


‘‘Dear Diary’’


Dear diary, I’m tired of being a slave inside this old and rusty mansion, there are some instnces in which I wish to go home instead and never see those ‘creatures’ that haunt this place ever again. But first, I need to understand how I got in this situation…

January the 26th, two years ago, my family and I wanted to visit an old house that turned out to be my grandma’s house, everything was okay for the first couple of days, until that 28th of January… At 12 a.m., I heard some noises in my parents’ living room, what was happening inside? 

I still don’t know to this day, but when I opened that door, I
saw my mom with her face filled with blood, her eyes were all white and her mouth open, I felt a sensation of being scared, frightened, with nothing to use in order to defend myself, and then, I saw a shadow on the wall in front of me that later ran away, and a sentence that covered the whole closet that said: ‘‘There’s no escape…’’

Even since I read that message, my heart was pumping so fast that I was at the border of a heart attack, sweat was dropping like a waterfall out of my face alongside tears, I ran and saw more messages that said: ‘You’re here for the rest of your life’ ‘Running away won’t help. Just give up’ ‘No one will save you from this hell!’

I saw that shadow once again, it definitely wasn’t a human and later, more and more shadows came out of nowhere and the... the final message, the one that sealed my fate, appeared and It read: ‘From now on, you’ll be accompanied by these creatures that will haunt you for all of the mistakes that you’ve made in the past, and your biggest regrets will come to live in the form of these creatures and you’ll feel the worst existing emotions… FOREVER!!’.


Since then, the only thing that can prevent me from descending into paranoia is this old and wasted notebook that helps me to forget that I’m alone in the darkness…
If there’s anyone out there that is adventurous enough to come here and save me… I’ll be waiting.

The End.


By Angelo Martínez, Step 8.