Friday, March 8, 2019

I Believe In Youth: EF Challenge.

I Believe In Youth: EF Challenge.


Surely at this precise moment, many people with obviously different thoughts, have to believe that today's society is in difficulty, some that could believe that there is a minimal possibility of change, and for them the change is us, the youth. 

In a certain way it is true, our society is "on the verge of sinking". SENA believes that young people are the present and future of our country (Colombia) and therefore they should be the ones who with their daily actions transform our society, well, now we must ask ourselves, what kind of future are we talking about? 

Although we know that the majority of young people since childhood are taught that in order to be someone in life, we have to study something, leaving behind many of the values we need to know about. 

For my part, I am not sure that we can make a change together, because there are many factors that cause society to collapse, day after day. Hunger, one of the deadliest weapons of war on earth, whose solution could be found at our fingertips, and we do not want to collaborate yet. I have hopes in this fact that can be carried out by own decision. 

Pollution and unhealthy environments, 2 big enemies that,
unfortunately, their names are getting closer together, it is just at this moment when the following questions come out. Is it really worth keeping the hopes? Is there a solution for it? There are many arguments that describe how to avoid a disastrous future  not too distant. I have high hopes that this catastrophe will be stopped, but again I argue, the damage is done and it is irreversible. 

Diseases such as HIV and AIDS, spread rapidly throughout the world, I have full confidence that this is only a matter of time, soon there will be cures, even well-designed preventive ways. I would like people to become aware of experiences and not of mere campaigns, as they are being carried these years, since they have not worked in any aspect.

The existence of enthusiastic young people who believe in freedom and for freedom, makes me feel a great hope in the future and finally I would like to say: The human being is limited to thinking small, I say let's think big.


By Heidi Rico, Step 9