Wednesday, March 13, 2024

THE SPY (My Story) and My Sequel For Shirley Jackson's Story

 

THE SPY 



I am a spy for the Canadian government. They ask me to do a lot of risky and dangerous things, like for example, they told me to infiltrate the Russian government and get information on their war plans, in case a world war occurs.


 I’ve almost died a couple of times but I’m willing to sacrifice myself for the good of the country, today I was asked to do something I never thought I would be doing in my life, my superiors asked me to assassinate someone, but not just anyone, I was tasked to execute the North Korean dictator, Kim Jong Un, they informed me that he had gotten his hands on some type of weapon capable of putting not just Canada, but the rest of the world to its knees.


 I have no details on what it is, but I was told that I would recognize it when I saw it. Getting into the country was the hardest part, with all of the restrictions; however, I posed as a normal citizen wanting to enter the country, but that still didn’t make the process easier, I had to get searched, have my belongings reviewed but after all of the hassle, I made it into Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea. I was still missing my equipment, so I went to a location only discussed in the meeting with my superiors and myself. It was a forest, and below the ground, under a nearby tree marked with red, placed there by someone working for both Canada and North Korea, where my weapons were, in case I ever needed them. 


When I picked up the folder, my heart jumped. But as I flipped through the documents, my excitement turned to horror. The dossier contained no evidence of a North Korean threat, but of a sinister plot devised by the Canadian government itself.


A wave of betrayal washed over me and I realized that I had been manipulated all along. The Canadian government had not sent me to assassinate Kim Jong-un to save the world, but to remove a potential obstacle to their own ambitions.


Before I realized the extent of the betrayal, I heard a rustling in the bushes. I turned around to see a team of North Korean agents emerging, their faces showing a mixture of suspicion and hostility. That's when I realized I had been set up - the Canadian government had sold me out to the North Koreans to cover their tracks and further their plans.


When the North Korean soldiers approached me, I realized I had only one option: to escape and bring the truth to light before it was too late. But when my own government turned against me, the odds seemed insurmountable. Fate had thrown me into a deadly game of espionage, where trust was a luxury I could no longer afford.



One Ordinary Day With Peanuts, Sequel

Mrs. Johnson walked through the city, now with a new attitude because today she was going to be nice.


 When she was walking, she found one of the dogs that she had sent to the pound the day before. But instead of sending it to the pound again, she bought a huge steak and gave it to the starving dog to eat. 


Later, she found a couple, but she recognized them, because her husband, Mr Johnson, had described 2 people that he had stopped on their way to work and interacting with them, he turned them into a couple. Then, she walked up to them and asked them “How’s your day” Mrs. Johnson, “Quite well, thank you” answered the couple. “See, I have this coupon for 2 free ice cream cones for a nearby store, and I just hate ice cream, would you like to have it?” said Mrs. Johnson. “Really?” Answered the confused couple, “Yeah” Mrs. Johnson answered back.


Then, the couple gratefully took the coupon and thanked Mrs. Johnson, “Have a nice day, Mr Adams and Mrs. Kent” said Mrs Johnson, as she walked away from the now even more confused couple. 


Now Mrs. Johnson was getting tired even though it was a bit early, so she went to her home and waited the rest of the day for her husband to come back.

By Manuel Ríos D., Step 9