Tuesday, February 22, 2022

,

My I Am Poem Describing An Animal

 I was domesticated by Egyptians,

More than five thousand years ago,

I can see very well far from a distance,

At least from forty kms, a long shot!


Can you distinguish as many colors as I can see?

I dare to say you cannot, is a deed

I can defeat any human with my sight,

I can travel without paying for a flight.

 

I can fly one thousand kms a day,

I am very strong, though not heavy,

Very little, but clever, I can say

I can live for thirty years, while you are just a bevy.

  

My feces were not discarded

In the inventive seventeenth century,

They were used to produce gunpowder,

You could say I caused anyone's injury.

 

My genetic memory is awakened 

By all the buildings in the city,

We are roaming, sometimes shaken 

By cats and people with no pity.

 

I used to live in rocky ledges and cliffs, 

I evolved on the shores of North Africa

And the Mediterranean Sea,

I love hard surfaces, don't you agree?

 

During many of this civilization's wars,

I was an excellent carrier,

Taking news, breaking barriers,

Amidst and over those devastating gores. 

 

I am the gracious pigeon, 

I am proud of myself,

I am the flying intelligence, 

I am the endurance itself!

 

 

by Miss Odilia Pérez, E.L.A. Teacher.