Thursday, April 9, 2020

Review

“The Princess Saves Herself In This One”

by Amanda Lovelace


Reseña: The princess saves herself in this one - Rincón de libros ...Well this is a poetry book by Amanda Lovelace, Nowa,days I am more into writing and reading poetry. That's why I have been reading poems and opening myself into new tastes in the literary section.

This book is divided into four different parts: the princess, the damsel, the queen, & you. The princess, the damsel, & the queen piece together the life of the author in three stages, while You serves as a note to the reader & all of humankind. It explores life & all of its love, loss, grief, healing, empowerment, & inspirations. 



I liked this book because it shows how life is, and how it can treat you. It is not a fantasy book with a happy ending, it's a reality, with quotes that everyone can relate, because everyone has passed through hard times, even though she swears a lot in her lines, I think it's special because it makes me feel the emotion she is feeling and makes us understand more how she feels and what she thinks.

I love that she shows that life isn't always so colorful, she shows how in a blink of an eye, life can change, but also she shows that we can heal all the scars and re-paint our life.

By Antonella Cantillo, Step 9.