Friday, November 22, 2019

Heart Beat


Since childhood I've said what I wanted,
Since childhood I've known what I liked,
At least, that's what I thought,
Are all these prospections really what I was meant for

Thoughts flooding my mind,
maybe I'm not good enough,
maybe this sisn't my passion,
maybe it's too much thinking

STOP making excuses!
STOP trying to pull yourself out,
you know what you love,
you know what you're capable of,
just do it! don't hesitate,
dream bing and overexceed yourself

Diseases bring so much pain!
diseases make my heart care,
families waiting outside the door
waiting for someone to update them,
but with the warmest voice.

I've been through both,
sickness and health
I've been the one outside the door
I know how death feels,
but I also know the beauty of life

Families relying on you,
parents giving you their most precious thing,
everything in your hands,
standing in front of that table,
such an adrenaline rush!
such a reponsibility!

All of that is what I want,
I'm sure of it,
I just have to prioritize,
Do I want a family?
do I want to be an absent mom?
can I manage both at the same time?
do I have to leave what I love?


By Isabella Duarte, Step 10