Friday, November 15, 2019

A Newborn and His Brother's Adjustment


I'm Jealous Of My New Brother


Once upon a time there was a kid named Oscar, who was nine years old and enjoyed playing with his toy cars. But something happened that would change his life completely.

“Oscar, come here honey!” His mom, Yvonne, called him from the living room. “I have some news to tell you”.
Oscar obeyed his mom and went running, quickly arriving where she was. “What is it mom?” He questioned with excitement filling his voice.
“Prepare yourself, son.” Said his dad, who was besides his mother.

Oscar was intrigued, what could it be?
“Oscar, you are going to have a baby brother!” His mother exclaimed with eagerness.
“He will be born in 8 months, aren’t you excited?” Questioned his father.
“Yay! A baby brother!” He was indeed excited, he couldn’t wait to have someone to play with.

8 months later.
Oscar’s baby brother, Nathan, was born. A beautiful green
eyed baby.
But things weren’t like he expected them to be. First of all, he was way too small to play with. Then, his parents paid attention exclusively to him.
Oscar wasn’t happy about that, he felt as he was being left apart. “I don’t want a little brother anymore!” He screamed.

“Oscar, sweetie, why are you saying such things?” His comprehensive mother asked.
“You don’t pay attention to me anymore! I have to play alone all the time! I feel as if you have forgotten that I even exist”
“Oh love, we haven’t forgotten, don’t ever think about that ever again!” aid his mother, “We want the best for you but he’s just a newborn and he requires more attention than you do. 

I am pretty sure that by now you can be an independent young man, have a little patience and control yourself a bit, please. I promise we will be back to usual in no time. Can you do that for me?” By the time his mother stopped talking Oscar had stopped his tantrum. Maybe having a baby brother will not be that bad after all.

“I can mommy, don’t worry” He said more calmly this time.
“Thank you dear. Now, what do you say about going to watch a movie with me? Let’s go dear!”
And they finally resolved their differences.

THE END.




By Juliana Restrepo, Step 9