Friday, October 4, 2019

Drama: Role Play


 I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings



Cast of Characters:                            
Narrator: Emilio Galante
Marguerite: Isabella Romero   
Bailey: David Estrada
Mrs. Flowers: Andrea Parra
Grandmother: Laura Rodríguez
Mom: Sofia Moreno
Mr. Freeman: Camilo Rojano

SCRIPT

Mom: My children, now you’re going to live with your momma.
Grandmother: Yes, I’m going to take care of you.
Bailey & Marguerite: No mom, please, we don’t want to! 
Mom: It will be better for all of us.

*Now they are with their grandmother*

Grandmother: You will be going to help me today in the store.
Bailey & Marguerite: Ok.

Grandmother: Hi, Mrs. Flowers!, I’ll send Bailey up to your house with these things.
Bailey: Ok, I’ll go.
Mrs. Flowers: Thank you, but I’d prefer Marguerite.
Grandmother: Ok. Marguerite, you will go with Mrs. Flowers.

*On her way to Mrs. Flowers’ house*

Mrs. Flowers: Hey, Marguerite!, I heard that you are an excellent student, but you’re not talking in class, why?
Marguerite: When I went to my mom’s house, she had a boyfriend and…

Mr. Freeman: Hi, Marguerite!, has anyone told you that you’re beautiful?
Marguerite: Oh, mmm, thank you.
Mr. Freeman: *He touched and molested her*
Marguerite: Please, stop!

Marguerite: And that’s what happened.
Mrs. Flowers: Oh honey, I’m so sorry about that. What happened to him?
Marguerite: He went to the jail.

Mrs. Flowers: Now we arrive at my home, welcome!
Marguerite: Your house is beautiful!
Mrs. Flowers: Thank you. Do you want some cookies?
Marguerite: Yes, thanks.
Mrs. Flowers: Take them. I brought a book too. I’m going to read it to you.

*She reads the book*

Marguerite: *In her mind* that book was too beautiful, I love it!
Mrs. Flowers: Do you like the book?
Marguerite: em, I…I love it!
Mrs. Flowers: You can come the time you want!

Narrator: Marguerite thought why Mrs. Flowers wanted to help her. She thought that her Grandmother talked to Mrs. Flowers. What Mrs. Flowers did, was enough to prove Marguerite that she loved her.


By the Step 8 Yellow group of kids above casted.