Thursday, June 13, 2019

My Earth

There Is Hope.


I swear I thought it was a normal day, I woke up in the morning to go to college, so I did my morning routine like every day, there was nothing unusual, but that was because I had not looked out the window.

After I went out of the shower, looking at my closet I saw that all my clothes were full of dust, but I didn't give it any importance. And when I had my clothes on, I decided to open the window to see how the weather was and it was there when I realised that it was not an ordinary day, it is more, it was the same day, but 20 years in the future.

The colors that had all the tallest buildings were brighter than
anything I had ever seen in my life and were colored as purple, blue, and green. The sky looked blue too and the lawn was bright and green. Strange and extravagant machines flew in the sky. More than rare machines, there were people flying, people inside a bubble flying through the blue skies!

Culture had not changed much, there were different kinds of skin color among people, and different religions and qualities but now everyone was happy living without any conflict. It seems that in the future we were able to reach out for world peace.

I left my room and after processing well I was having an important question formulated in my head "HOW DID I GET HERE AND WHY I'M 20 YEARS IN THE FUTURE?!". I kept walking to a computer room where there were many people with different types of computers, some as thin as an old newspaper page, some very large, some that were as transparent and others that were like projections "It seems that in the future we can move forward in incredible ways in the field of technology and artificial intelligence" I thought.

After half an hour trying to turn a computer on, I achieved it and the first thing I looked for was the history of humanity after the year 2019 and read that indeed because of the selfishness and thirst for power of the authorities, the world had a Third World War, but after devastating deaths, disappearance of animal breeds due to firearms and nuclear bombs, and extinction of countries for the same reasons all of humanity had requalified and started to use in a better way the gift of life and that's how we got to have a nature so well maintained, a breakthrough in technology and incredible architecture.

I didn't know how I got here, so I looked for my name on the
computer and I read that I was part of a trip experiment to the past, which was completely successful and that's why I have all those memories of the 2019. Poverty, disagreements, and other problems facing the world had disappeared.

But not everything is lost, this future means that there is hope for humanity, you just have to make an effort to make it truth.

By Juan Diego Vega, Step 9.