Friday, February 22, 2019

Antonio De La Ossa's Speech


Good morning, my name is Antonio Jose De La Ossa, eighth grader at American School, and one of my dreams is to make the world a better place, but make the best from Colombia overall,  especially in hope that in a future we can change our ways.


We are in a society where a lot of children drink alcoholic beverages, where even the “empanadas” are illegal, but maybe you think I am telling you that for a joke, but NO! We live in a corrupt society, what does that mean? That if the government says anything stupid, like now, we have a new police code, and more fines come.




We live in a society where we have taxes for LIFE. In a future I hope that we can be more humble, more human, that if someone needs anything and you have it in your hands, you can share with him or her, share it! In a future I hope that we can be like this sentence “ love other persons as much as to yourself”.

I hope we can help the people that are lost in the world, I know that in a future we can have a lot of technological advances, but we don’t know that the real advance that we need is to change ourselves. We are destroying our world.

The IPCC(Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) tells us that the temperature of our world is increasing, and only the difference of half a degree more can have very bad consequences for our world. The UN gives us time until 2030 to prevent a global catastrophe. 2030.(08/10/2018) https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-45785972.
What is a technological advance if we don’t have any world to see it? And I do hope that in the future we can have one!

How can we have one? if we don’t pay attention to our world, climate change, and to the extinction of a lot of species of animals. I hope that in a future I can have a good life, a family, a house, see my children’s growth without any problem. I hope that the extinction of animals stop, I hope that the people be serious and put their grain of sand to save this world, our world.

But is not only that we are very close to destroying our planet. We live in a society that loves to do everything everyone wants to, in a society that doesn’t respect the laws, they do whatever they want;  for example, we live in our country COLOMBIA, a country with a lot of deaths, with a corrupt government, with  murderers and rapists, where the all world knows us because of the cocaine, for Pablo Escobar, but only imagine a world where the all world only recognized Colombia for its coffee, our flora, or our beautiful history, our really beautiful cities and places; for instance, the Walled City in Cartagena. I only hope that in a future Colombia changes to not lament another tragedy. 

This is my EF challenge speech, thanks for listening to me. Have a nice day!

By Antonio De La Ossa, Step 8