Thursday, June 13, 2019

The New World


The Future Scares Me


One day like any other, I was watching TV, but a few minutes later I got bored, so I decided to turn off the television. My house was very big, almost like a mansion, and my father was a very famous and rich scientist, but I decided to explore it because my house was so big that I did not know it all, I could walk wherever I wanted, except for one door, everyone was forbidden to enter, since my dad was the only one who could come and go into it.

I always asked him what was inside it, but he only told me It was something I was not going to like, I always repeated the same, with a little fear that my father might get angry, without realizing it, I took a keychain and went to the forbidden door, it took a while to find the key, but when I found it, I did not hesitate to open it because I wanted to know what was hidden behind the piece of wood.

When I got in, I found many cables, old furniture, and boxes of all sizes, the walls were covered with newspapers, the floor was full of dust, apparently it was the same as It was an attic, but something caught my attention, there was a small library, and exactly one book was different from the others, while all were large and colorful, this other was small and opaque, when trying to remove it, the walls began to open , as in the movies, it was a secret passage. 

At first, I thought my dad was a superhero, but my point of view changed when, a kind of portal started to form before my eyes, it shone a lot, it looked like a star, it was great, but I could not see through it, then I took my phone and got a little closer, the portal transported me to another place, "what is this place?" I was wondering, it was very nice, there were many trees, many rivers, many parks, and many people. 

Soon, I met a boy that I fell in love with, his name was Jose,
he had blue hair and greenish eyes, the perfect boy was very kind to me, I learned a little of that place, it was as if the Earth had improved all its resources, I also remember that there were cars that flied, and floating buildings, I thought it was a dream, but Jose told me it was the future.

It seemed incredible, everything was beautiful, I did not understand why my dad did not want me to see this, he had created the door around the year 3000, he was definitely the best scientist, but why did he tell me that I would not want to see this place? I did not think much about it and I kept walking with Jose, I never noticed anything strange in him until he gave me my first kiss, that moment was very nice, but something did not fit, when my lips touched his, I felt like I had kissed a piece of metal, definitely something was wrong, I started to worry, I said I wanted to return home.

I remember his words: "This is your house, here you stay" I was very scared and ran, when I had lost sight of him, I clashed with a man, hitting again, I felt as if I had stuck a tube, try to call my dad, but did not answer, then I decided to find a place to hide, I hid in a dumpster which was in an abandoned street, or that was what I thought.

After a while, a little dog approached me, I caressed him, suddenly the dog greeted me, I was in shock, since that dog could talk, so he told me that I had nothing to fear, I definitely was in the future, but not everything was perfect as I thought, the lakes that I saw, and all the trees and most of nature, everything was mere fake, they were artificial things, that's why they looked so beautiful and alive, and the people that I saw, including Jose, were robots, or androids, with the appearance of humans, made of metal and sybernetic.

The only real things that remained were a few animals and very few people, scientists who took the technology to another level, but what happened to Earth? I asked the dog, "Earth was destroyed by the humans, we are inside a capsule, without contact with the outside, over the years the man was losing interest in taking care of the environment, that is why some scientists thought about making a place to take the little life that was left on Earth, and here we are, but as we were so few, they decided to create more humans, but without heart.

I finally understood why my father said I would not like what was behind this door, I asked the dog to take me home, he knew the most powerful scientist of the entire capsule, I took him, he was a human, like me, he warned me how the Earth came to collapse with the time, he warned me of all the damages, and asked me the favor of not making his mistakes.

I thanked him, and took me home through the same portal he entered, but when leaving, I locked the door, and I ran to hug my father who had been worried about me, while I hugged him, I said "The future scares me"

End……………………………………….

By Giselle Rico, Step 9.